Sunday, June 7, 2009

Portland to Santa Cruz, or RSI

My brother Chris and I are about to begin our cycling tour from Portland, OR to Santa Cruz, CA, down the Pacific Coast.

About our bikes: Chris is riding a Surly Crosscheck with mustache handlebars, about 8 years old. He's got rear panniers, a handlebar bag and a messenger bag. I'm on a Burley Koosah long-wheelbase recumbent, two years old, with a Burley 2 wheel flatbed trailer, seatback bag and rear rack bag. I've got a big plastic storage tote strapped to the trailer.
For some reason my instincts always lead me to do something dorky looking, but the tote does protect things well, makes it easy to pack, and the lid is a good platform for towel drying and solar phone charging.



1 comment:

  1. Hey, guys! Have a great time with your ambitious cycling tour! Keep us posted!!!

    ReplyDelete